Employment & Industrial Relations Lawyers
Employment & industrial relations law is the body of laws, legislations and policies governing all transactions concerning employment and employee-employer relationship. This is the law which regulates the employment and labor market. The aim of this law is to protect the rights of both the employers and employees.
What is Employment & Industrial Relations Law
Employment & industrial relations law is the set of legislations or body of laws which establishes policies and regulations on how employers should treat employees, applicants, and former employees. Under this law, employees are protected against unfair or unlawful dismissal, bullying and harassment, unfair treatment, redundancy, and other forms of injustice that may be afforded by employers to employees.
In addition, this law prohibits or prevents the occurrence of unfair labor practices by both employers and employees. This law also governs and controls actions that can be undertaken by labor unions; therefore, employers are also protected in a way by this law.
Who Needs Employment & Industrial Relations Lawyers
Employment & industrial relations lawyers and law firms can provide strategic and legal advice to employers and employees concerning matters and disputes related to employment and industrial law. Specifically, the knowledge and legal expertise of employment & industrial relations lawyers and law firms can help employees in the following aspects:
- Wages and condition claims
- Unfair and unlawful dismissal
- Sexual harassment
- Physical assault
- Employment claims
- Invasion of privacy
Meanwhile, the knowledge and expertise of the employment & industrial relations lawyers can help employers in the following aspects:
- Assisting employers in reviewing contracts or agreements such as non-compete and non-solicitation, severance and collective bargaining agreements and other forms of agreement
- Assisting employers in the drafting of employment policies and guidelines in the workplace and in making contracts such as the collective agreements, Australian workplace agreements, letters of appointment, employee share and bonus schemes, common law employment contracts and independent contractor agreements to name a few
- Giving advice with regards to transmission of business issues
- Defending employers against charges of illegal or unfair dismissal and wrongful termination
- Providing legal advice and representing employers in court litigations concerning unlawful termination, unlawful discrimination, and harassment and bullying complaints
- Assisting employers in designing and implementing industrial relations compliance strategies
- Providing legal advice with respect to occupational health and safety issues and defending employers against prosecution regarding these matters
Aside from those mentioned above, the legal expertise of the employment and relations law firms and lawyers is beneficial to both employers and employees in a lot of other aspects related to disputes and legalities concerning the employment and industrial relations arena.
If you need legal assistance and advice concerning work-related or employment-related matters, hire the services of the employment & industrial relations law firms and lawyers.